We were cleaning up our son's closet the other day and I found my binder from when I was in High School that had all the poetry I'd written in it.

I remember back then, I wrote a lot, not just poetry. Creative writing and Speech were among my favorite classes aside from Theatre.

I also love History.

But, back to the poetry, I remember in High School, people used to read my poetry and ask me if I would write them something for their boyfriend / girlfriend, so I would. I'd ask them about their significant other and then I'd write them up a beautiful poem.

The poems must have been pretty good when the person they were written for read them, that more people started asking me to write them something and soon I started charging for my services and made some pretty good money writing poetry for people!

This was the high point of my 'career' as a poet and writer. Since I graduated, the personalized poetry and pretty much all of my writing has just about ceased.

Well, sort of, I don't have as much time any more with my son, but I'm trying to write a book.

I have one poem published and have thought about publishing a book with all of my poems in it.

I may just do that. Day dreamingThinking

0 comments: