Home is were the heart is right?

Well, I don't know. What is a home? Is it growing up in a town or city your whole life? Is it living in the same house til you grow up and move out on your own and get your own place and live there til you die?

Is home being with the people you love and care about? Cooking dinner in the kitchen and having Thanks Giving and Christmas holiday 'together-ness'?

Is it making memories with the same people you've known your whole life?

 

What about those who didn't have that? What about the military brat?

I was born in Portsmouth, NH and I have some memories of it, but more so I feel it in my body; thru my body, it's part of me even tho I didn't grow up there with the same people and live in the same house and celebrate birthdays and holidays with my family there til I left home.

I feel the ocean in my veins and the harbor and port and the people and the life there - it's a part of me and I miss it.

I live so far away from there now and I don't see how I could ever get back. I miss the ocean and the harbor and the smell of fish. I miss the smells, I miss the leaves changing - the SEASONS!!!

I miss being able to eat FRESH sea food and good chowder!

 

So what is home? Is it being with your family or being where you were born?

 

My husband was born here in TX and we've tried living away from here in another state, but it was so easy for him to be away as it is for me to just pack up and move and live my life somewhere else.

 

One part of me says home is where my husband and baby is but that other part of me says home is in Portsmouth.

 

I feel so torn sometimes and I get really depressed cause I miss it and I wanna go back but I know I can't.

0 comments: