Well, we got a call today that was very unexpected and really brought up things we had not disccused in a while. The trouble with the economy is hitting a little to close to home for comfort and is really putting our priorities into gear.

My husband's boss called today and informed him that he (his boss) had just been fired. When I heard my husband on the phone and his reaction, I thought something even more terrible had happend, like his wife had left him or been killed or their daughter or matt was supposed to work today and wasn't there because he thought he was scheduled off. When he told me that his boss had been fired I was afraid that matt would be next; that they were gonna merge the stores and close his and give him the boot like I have been fearing would happen for a while now.

A few minutes later the phone rang again and matt left the room very seriously and thought this was the call we were fearing - he's getting the ax - I grabbed our son and sat in the chair and held my breath praying that he wasn't getting fired, that everything was gonna be ok.

When he came back into the bedroom he told me that he was being called into to close the store for the evening - his boss wasn't even allowed to finish his shift.

He told me a little more about what was happening. The District Manager of his store was there with the manager from the store across the street at the other mall. They came to fire J on the spot and the manager from the other store - L - was now to be manager of BOTH stores.

Theres lots of thoughts running amuck in my head; I'm scared that things aren't going to turn out well for us and he could lose his job and with my hours already being cut, I certainly can't keep us a float. Next month doesn't look very good for us as it is.

All I can do at this point is pray that things will be ok for us.

0 comments: