I used to sit out on the front porch and look at the trees, grass, sky, clouds and creatures that were all around me and just star in amazement at all the wonderful things that God has created just for me and to show me; prove to me that He exists.

I got busy with life and haven't sat out on a porch in a long time and stared in amazement - such amazement that I would cry because He created all of this for me - in a very long time.

Recently, my Grandfather passed away and my life; my ideas and beliefs have changed. The things I thought I once knew are now either gone or shaky at best.

But, one thing for sure is that my faith in God is stronger.

I've realized that I have lived my life blindly and excepted so much for what it is. I haven't asked enough questions and I haven't gotten enough answers and I really need them; I need to know more.

I don't want to follow blindly anymore, I want to understand; I want my faith and belief to have meaning!

I know what I believe but I want to know more.

 

My husband has been asking alot of questions about God; he is a none believer or at least a none follower and I realize that the questions he asks I don't have the answers to and though they may seem like silly questions, they are not at all. They mean alot to him and in his asking these questions I have questions of my own.

I think that it is very important to ask questions - question EVERYTHING! We are but children and that is how we learn.

There has been much lost in translation that I need to know.

My mom is studying and learning Hebrew and has already told me things that I had no idea about and my views are shifting; changing. My head is spinning and I have to know more!

The things we have lost need to be found and quickly, our time is but a breath of a flame - it's too short!

We are not guaranteed our next breath and every day I am allowed to spend with my husband and son and get to talk to my sisters and parents and family I'm so thankful!

 

 

Sorry for getting on my soap box, it was just really weighing on my heart as of late.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

0 comments: