I woke up to a weird sound coming from my baby's room. To be honest, I don't really know how to describe it, but I went to check on him and he was asleep with his thumb in his mouth.

Then as I was closing the door, the phone rang, I let the answering machine get it, it was about 8 am. I heard my mom's voice and she sounded sad and said she had bad news and needed me to call her. I knew right away and didn't want to call.

I grabed matt's cell phone and came into the bedroom and told him I think some one died - he asked "your clan or mine?" -"mine." I said.

 

I called and mama said that my granddaddy died last night in his sleep - he had a massive stroke and they took him to the hospital and had him on life support, but by mid-night, they took him off and said they couldn't do anything else.

About 8:45 am just as we are walking out the door to take my husband to work, mama calls and leaves another message that he didn't die, but they expect him to go any time.

 

I just spoke to him yesterday and he sounded so alive.

I'm so thankful that he got to meet my baby and my husband and to see leah get married and meet her husband.

I knew he was gonna go soon, but I just didn't want it to happen yet.

I won't be able to go to the funeral because I live to far away and I know my boss won't let me and I can't afford to take the time off.

 

I'm love all the things he says and his humor. He's a very strong man, but it's time for him to go away. He has lived a very full life and has taught me a lot.

 

I love you granddaddy!

0 comments: